August 14, 2018
Rory Ring Candidate For Mayor Announces Action Plan for “More Jobs & Lower Taxes”
I am excited about the great potential of our city. The hope and opportunity that my campaign and platform can deliver, will make a very real and positive difference in the lives of Sault residents. I am seeking the position of Mayor so that together we can build a city that will have the jobs, affordability, safety and quality of life that we all want to see.
My skill set is well suited for this leadership position with over 25 years of experience in economic development, government relations, finance, technology growth, business development, and senior level management.
My strong educational background includes an MBA from Queen’s University, combined with business and real-life experience from outside of the community. More importantly I have worked as an advocate for our community both locally. provincially and nationally, on issues such as fair trade for steel, and the 2,700 direct jobs impacted, as well for a stop to a carbon tax that would have seen $30 million leave our community. I will bring a unique perspective and fresh ideas to City Council and the leadership team of the City.
I believe there has been a clear lack of progress in terms of economic development and job opportunities in our city during the past four years. This fact, combined with residents being subjected to a property tax increase of 11 percent during the same period, is making life harder for families and businesses in our city,
The platform will focus on several priority areas including, Job Creation, Lower Taxes and Improving the Quality of Life in Sault Ste. Marie.
Making the city ‘Investment Ready’, with strategies designed to support local businesses, attract new business and industry is essential to creating more local job opportunities and is key to keeping and attracting the young people we need for our future.
Addressing affordability is also a top priority, as seniors on fixed income, and families and businesses are all struggling with the excessively high property taxes. As Sault residents we value our quality of life, but in recent years, growing safety concerns, housing issues, and recreational opportunities are presenting greater challenges. The full platform to be released later this month will present tangible ways in which we can achieve these and other exciting objectives.
Key Facts About Rory Ring:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Queens University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Political Science, University of Western Ontario
Work and Leadership Experience:
- Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce, CEO
- Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
- Sault Ste. Marie Downtown Association, Board of Director
- Sault Ste. Marie Local Immigration Partnership
- Future SSM: Economic Development Community Adjustment Committee
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce, President & CEO
- Bluewater Technology Access Centre, Advisory Board of Director, Chair
- Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII)
- Freight-Guard Security Seals, President /Owner Operator
- TD Bank, Commercial Account Manager
- CIBC, Small Business Account Manager
- Business Growth Services ‘Canadian Community Investment Plan’ (CCIP), Project Manager
- Community Growth Accelerator Network (CGAN), Committee Member
- Volunteer Coach: Ice Hockey, Roller Hockey and Soccer
As Mayor I will do what is necessary to deliver a more affordable, more prosperous and more attractive city. The time for ‘round tables’ and endless committee discussions has to come to an end. Its time to take action. On October 22, 2018 Vote Ring, for Mayor.
For More Information Contact: Rory Ring at 705-989-4804 or email@example.com